Tuesday, July 14, 2009

a momentary relief


Main St & Mesa Drive, Downtown Mesa
It's hot and I want ice cream. It's 9 pm and the tempreture is 104 degrees. It was 113 degrees earlier today. I drove around to get estimates for the broken air conditioner in my car. It was unbearable to be in the car for more then an 15 minutes, even with all the windows open.
The heat is not the "dry heat" we are known for here. This is monsoon season, which is when the dry heat combines with moisture, making it most unpleasant. We won't get much break until September, which will have high day temps but the nights will begin to cool down (below 100 degrees, that is).
I always tell people, this is like our winter - everyone stays inside during the day. For the other 9 months of the year, we have nearly perfect weather. Even though it's still hot at night, I love the balmy summer evenings.
This old DQ stand reminded me of when I was a kid back in the 70's.
taken 04/14/2007

2 comments:

Charlestonjoan said...

Blah. Sounds wicked hot. I will be there for a conference end of August. Not looking forward to the weather. Can you fix it before then? ;)

Photo-a-Day said...

i would never have though place like this still exist. man, i gotto buy me some airfares and head your way for a driving holiday!